Home Page
Home Page

Forum

The Voice Of

Record Labels

New 12" Maxi singles from Flashback
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EURO-FLASH.NET Forum Index -> EURO-FLASH.NET Promotions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
euroflash
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: New 12" Maxi singles from Flashback Reply with quote

Hello Italo Gang,

Flashback crew has been busy in recent months working on new releases. You have already had a chance to listen their most recent excellent CD - Presense of the Past, Vol. 2.

Now, Flashback followed up with 12" vinyl editions of these fabulous songs, presented here to your delectation. Records are so new that I did not have a chance to play all of them yet, except for the fabulous Tiziana Rivale "Ash", that I have been waiting for some time. "Ash" is such an icredibly good song that I had goosebumps on my skin when I listened to it for the first time from the beginning to the end. In fact, I played it 3 times in a row. This is the best Italo song I've heard recently, and that includes the original rarities too. Listen to yourself now and post your opinions here in this thread. More reviews will follow.

FLA 4000 Tiziana Rivale, 12" vinyl
"Ash"
"Flame"

FLA 4002 Dyva, 12" vinyl
"My Love" & If You're Feeling Blue

FLA 4001 Fred Ventura And Andy Romano, 12" vinyl
"I Want You Back"
"OPEN YOUR EYES (nextanimal night time remix)"

FLA 3010 - Peter Arcade, 12" vinyl
"ITALO DISCO (vocal version)"
"THE FAIRYTALE "

TO ORDER THESE RECORDS GO TO http://www.flashbackrecords.org/index.php?page_id=13
flexx
Producer/Record Label Exec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: New Tom Hooker 12" out now! Reply with quote

Hi!

Just want to inform you that today i've received the brand new Tom Hooker vinyl from the pressing.

FLA 3000 Tom Hooker - Change Your Mind (M. Chieregato-H.T. Beecher) 125bpm
Three different versions included. You can listen to the samples at: www.myspace.com/flashbackrecord

Please notice also other two Flashback vinyls released recently:
FLA 3001 Modo - With Or without You (Fred Ventura & Stefano Tirone production)
FLA 3002 Albert One - Stay (Flashback edition with PS and Dub version which will be available only on this 12")
Samples can be heard on Flashback Myspace as well.

Cheers!
Kimmo from Flashback
Aftering
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are nice releases Kimmo.

Honnestly they doesn't really blow my mind, but still I think there are very nice to listen to. They sound really Flashback fresh, very good quality!

I was wondering if you were maybe planning to go the "before 84 style" with flashback?
The sound of 82 & 83, more electroisch, dreamy, sometimes more "weird" club Italo? Like the stuff from Carlo Favilli & Stefano Zito or Franco Rago & Gigi Farina.. just to name a few.

You know, Italo, but with a lesser fresh touch and sound, a little more raw, special and unique, very underground.. If this isn't really Flashback style, maybe you can begin with putting such versions on the B-sides? Just an idea... I think many people like the after 83' Italo, with a slightly more commercial touch. But there is still a huge public for more special stuff, more underground!

It's always a risc, but ok, if it catch the people, then you are going well. No need anymore to only release 50 of a record to make it limited and rare. The music on it will do everything you want it to do Wink Very difficult to explain in words.. Something unique that doesn't copy other songs, even with still an 80's Italo attitude, is a risc, but sometimes a good one..

I also think it is unfortunate that you didn't really continu releasing on "Disco Evolution", because after some time, when we talk about flashback, many many people keep talking about those D.E. releases. Probably because they melt better with today's clubmusic in mixes etc.., they are more electro flavoured.. I don't know, but they were absolutely great!! No doubt. I still love them, like "Robot Matador', it really has something timeless...

You guys have more talent then you know! Make us dream again Wink
flexx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aftering!

Thanks for your opinion and wishes. I will give you my own point of view.

I think, at the moment Italo fans can be roughly separated in two different groups: 1. New generation fans and old freaks from Europe. These people prefer very old sound, many times with electro flavour... more obscure tracks. 2. "Average" (=Italo fans who aren't freaks with huge knowledge and vinyl collections) fans in Europe and all over the world, especially in Mexico and North-America. These people like typical commercial Italo the most.
I myself might be an old freak from Europe, but i don't like that much those obscure electro influenced tracks, but the typical style of Italo from 1983 to 87... most of all i like Time/Power Records stuff, Farina-Crivellente.

I like the idea of releasing many different kind of Italo on Flashback and on its sub-labels and even if the tracks, i have been releasing, always have a flavour from my own taste, i think there has been Italo from side to side on my labels. I can tell you, that there will be more obscure/early Italo tracks released in the future... but i guess the most of the releases will be "commercial Italo". The reasons for this are simple; i like these kind of releases more myself and on the other hand, it's easier to get the money back from those records (thanks for our mexican Italo fans). I still can't explain why, but those much liked first Disco Evolution vinyls haven't brought my invested money back, not even now, after 2.5 years... and this isn't normal when comparing it to Flashback releases. Unfortunately i haven't been able to reach that "huge public for more special stuff".

Okay... i still hope also "new generation" fans will find some new releases worth of listening in the future.

Ciaooooo!
Aftering
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kim! Thanks for your reaction. I understand what you mean, and of course as a label and Italo lover you obviously have your preferences and markets that you prefer to follow for sales. Which is totally understandable.

You make some great stuff, that's not even the question. But yes, I think that some more special stuff would be a plus, even on B-sides which would keep the target on the main song on A-side and the red line on the usual Flashback catalogue.

I can forget about some releases, but when it comes to the old style 81 / 82 / 83, that early raw Italo, I can't remember that any of the today Italo Labels have created such a new thing. Of course it won't be good for everybody, but maybe that's what makes it "special" to.. Those weird vocals and atmosphere like in "BWH - stop" for exemple. Which next to the great unique music it also takes you literally into another atmosphere, another time, another space when listening to it.. It still blows my mind at every listening, so so great.. Same with Wanexa, Expansives, Lectric Workers, etc, etc..

I'm asking this because it would be so nice to hear a new riscy track in that old early italo style. Something we never had before. Today we have to do it with what is on the market and that's it. I think there are much Italo lovers, new or old, that would be blessed with a label that comes out with such an EP. As an ode to the complete Italo Period, even the so important early beginnings... Wink

But hey Kimmo if that's not your thing, no problem my friend. We'll keep loving your new releases, that's for sure. Wink
flexx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Question for Alex... Reply with quote

Is it my PC or what, but i can't find my answer that i wrote to Aftering for this (above) message? There also were a message from Koto that i can't see anymore. I was using a different PC when i wrote that message... or maybe i was dreaming?
euroflash
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kimmo,

hmm, a mystery indeed. I have kept all the messages intact, and never remove anything. Perhaps, it is in a different thread? Try to do a search of all of your postings. Hope this helps.
koto
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Question for Alex... Reply with quote

Quote:
flexx wrote:
Is it my PC or what, but i can't find my answer that i wrote to Aftering for this (above) message? There also were a message from Koto that i can't see anymore. I was using a different PC when i wrote that message... or maybe i was dreaming?

My worthfully words are also gone.
And i added yesterday a post about swedish remixes : Shocked
euroflash
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bizarre! I have no clue as to why the post would disappear, other than deletion. Perhaps, not saved??

I just checked forum settings, and the only two threads that get auto pruned - are eBay posts and Wanted.
flexx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Two new releases out! Reply with quote

Hi!

Today is the official releasing day for two new Flashback productions:

DE 12004 Fred Ventura vs. Sally Shapiro - Alice
MEN 001 Male Room - You Are Not My Lover / Now That I'm A Man

Both vinyls come with a picture sleeve.

Fred & Sally duet is a cooperation with Johan Agebjörn, who released his new CD album a while ago. The vinyl includes the original version, but also two different 80s Italo mixes produced by Flashback Records.

Male Room is a project for a new label called M-Energy Records. This label is a sub-label of Flashback and will be especialized in 80s hi-nrg music. The first release includes two tracks, one more typical Italo sound and the other something a bit like 80s british hi-nrg.

Cheers,
Kimmo
Fer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: DE 12004 Fred Ventura vs. Sally Shapiro - Alice Reply with quote

Heeey Kimmo !

What a Fantastic record this is man !!!!!!!
This is such an great Track !!!!!
Compliments !!!!!!!
Now listening for the 6th time and it's getting better and better !!!
The melody, the voices, the sleeve....everything is great !!!

Can't wait to play this one here in the studio !!!!

Have fun,

ciaoooooooooooooooooooooo
Fer
flexx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: New Dyva 12" soon available Reply with quote

Hi!

I will have the copies of the new Dyva 12" on next Wednesday on my hands.

The vinyl contain two songs; A1 and B1 "Harsh Wind" (two different versions) and on B2 another song called "Joy".

You can see the sleeve artwork and listen to the samples at:
www.myspace.com/flashbackrecord
but also on Flashback Soundcloud

Kimmo
cineman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the new Dyva's tracks Wink thanks for all the works involved bringing new pieces!! Any news about a new italo and Dyva concert ? News about the proposed gala in october in Florence ?
flexx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: New George Aaron vinyl available! Reply with quote

Hi folks!

I received the new George Aaron 12" from the pressing today, so feel free to check out the samples from the net and if you like it and want to buy it, please contact me:
flexx70 at gmail.com

The price for one copy 34.90e, but if ordering more Flashback releases, there will be discounted prices. The shipping charges for more copies are now very reasonable, after the Finnish Post took taxes away from the package shipping charges.

You can listen to the sound samples here:
http://soundcloud.com/flashbackrecords/george-aaron-russian-ladies
http://soundcloud.com/flashbackrecords/george-aaron-world-is-out
Would be also nice to read some comments, good or bad ;o)

Ciao, Kimmo
euroflash
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kimmo,

George Aaron's performance is always very stong, very Italo Disco, every time. Great tracks, and also very cool artwork. Somewhat reminiscent of the "She's a Devil" - artwork on a brick wall. Just sweet!

Also, all the FlashBack record banners are up now Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EURO-FLASH.NET Forum Index -> EURO-FLASH.NET Promotions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: